Pecan Pancake Recipe: Super Easy and Only 2-Ingredients!
In many places, given the current situation with coronavirus, treating Mom to brunch at your favorite restaurant isn’t an option. What’s the solution? A super easy (but incredibly yummy!) brunch at home!
To get you started, here’s our favorite 2-ingredient pecan pancake recipe! This is the perfect pecan pancake recipe if you’re short on time, don’t know how to cook, or simply want a fun pancake recipe that the kids can help with!
This pecan pancake recipe features the melt-in-your-mouth pancake base from Loveless Cafe. If you haven’t been to Loveless Cafe in Nashville, please add this American gem of a restaurant to your list of “Places to Go Once Coronavirus Is Over.” Loveless Cafe started as a humble eatery, run by Lon and Annie Loveless, that served fried chicken and homemade biscuits to hungry travelers on Highway 100. From it’s simple start in 1951, Loveless Cafe has become an iconic restaurant with lines out the door!
The second ingredient in our favorite pecan pancake recipe? Delightful pecan pieces from Millican Pecan. We absolutely adore this 5th-generation, family-run farm in San Saba, Texas. The heart this family invests in their pecan farm and business is unmatched, as are their pecans. We chose Millican Pecan's cinnamon pecans for this pecan pancake recipe, but many of their specialty pecans will work beautifully in this pecan pancake recipe, too.
Because Loveless Cafe and Millican Pecan invest such heart in their products, we know you’ll taste the love in every delightful bite of these pecan pancakes. Enjoy!
Pecan Pancake Recipe
1 Bag of Loveless Cafe Belgian Waffle and Pancake Mix
1 cup of Cinnamon Pecans from Millican Pecan
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat or pre-heat a griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease your cooking surface with coconut oil, butter, or vegetable oil
- Chop Cinnamon Pecans into bite-sized pieces
- Mix pancake mix according to package directions (all you need to add is water!)
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the hot skillet or griddle in batches, sprinkling about a teaspoon of chopped Cinnamon Pecans onto each pancake before you flip it, and cook until golden brown on each side
- Once all pecan pancakes are ready, serve on a plate and garnish with any leftover cinnamon pecans. Top with maple syrup, whipped cream, or whipped cinnamon honey (we love the honey from Reid’s Gourmet!)
Our Favorite Tip for How to Cook Pancakes
You’ll know the pancakes are ready to flip once all the bubbles that have formed on top of the batter have popped, and there are holes in the batter. Depending on the heat of the skillet, this usually takes 3-4 minutes.
Want to kick this brunch up a notch? We love serving this decadent pecan pancake recipe with a comforting cup of coffee from RAKO (their Ethiopian Coffee from the Sidamo Kercha region is the best coffee we’ve ever had!) or a delightful cup of tea from the family-owned Little Prayer Tea Company (we recommend their Vanilla Lavender Dessert Tea. It’s a cup of pure joy!).
A heartfelt thank you and happy Mother’s Day to all our moms out there! You’re amazing and you matter more than you know!